Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Healthy VS Gourmet Grilled Cheese
One comfort food that I really miss from my cold Chicago days is Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. I used to make Gourmet grilled cheese during my college days. These are the ingredients I usually put for my kind of grilled cheese:
1. I would use mixes of Brie and Havarti cheese
2. Fresh Arugula
3. Thinly sliced tomatoes so the sandwich wouldn't get too soggy when it get pressed.
4. A dash of black pepper
5. Also a sprinkle of chili flakes for a kick
6. I would also use slices of hearty grain bread.
7. Use a regular pan, grease 'em with butter stick as you like.
8. Use a Panini sandwich press, of George Foreman grill. cCooked until you reach the desired crispiness.
9. Voila...Served hot with canned tomato soup sprinked with fresh basil leaves and a doolop of sour cream. YUM!
I found a healthy Grilled cheese recipe from Black Eiffel Blog today. I love her blog.
(pic Via Black Eiffel)