Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Easy Oreo Truffles

We have this Christmas Cookie Exchage tradition at work each year. I'm not really a baker because it is soooooooo involved. Sometimes it feels like a 10th grade Chemistry class once all over again. I will bake once in a while if I really really in the mood. So, every year I've been making this delicious super easy NO BAKE Oreo Truffle. Again, with my own twist. I don't know what is my problem, I just can't follow the recipe only, I just have to add my own signature. The first year, instead of sprinkles of the Oreo cookie crumbs as the garnish, I rolled the truffle on toasted shaved almonds and added dark chocolate, butter and whipping cream to the semi-sweet chocolate dipping so it has more of that that gooey consistency like chocolate ganache. The second year I spiked it with BAYLEY'S and Mint. You can also spiked it with rum instead of BAYLEY'S and ditched the mint. Basically you can do whatever you want and be creative to create your own "gourmet" truffle. Original Recipe and Photo Via Kraft.

Prep Time:30 min
Total Time:1 hr 30 min
Makes:3-1/2 doz. or 42 servings, one truffle each

What You Need
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It
MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator

No comments: